Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Maybe Forever

I also wrote this for my father, who i have been really missing lately.Love you, Dad.

Maybe Forever

Maybe Forever or Just For Now,
I thought you were invincible somehow.
My heart is sinking with this tidal wave,
Along with the way that your words can't pave.
The bittersweet sting of your eternal wings growing,
Nothing could be more bittersweet,
Than our Dad gone to heaven for his meet and greet
Standing side by side with the fantastic four,
Pretty sure it's five now and four nevermore.
Pails of tears, fill down here on earth,
We always knew your shield for all it's worth.
I can only imagine your colors of dress,
I'm banking on red and yellow to comfort our distress.
I saw your SOS call the night you surpassed us all.
It was mighty heroic,
I'm just glad you could show it.
Your words written beautifully in the sky,
Only to myself, no lie, I could hear you breathe goodbye.
Just For Now no Definitely Forever,
Our Dad is on the divine endeavor.
Peace has found it's maker,
Death now only it's undertaker.
The undertones of family,
Can never be destroyed by tragedy.
You are the smile on the grandkids faces,
Merely my gift for no longer feeling your warm embraces.
The moment makes the man,
And your moments well damn.
Not a moment passed you by.
Too sudden to be true,
No, just for now we are blue


Faith Frank





No comments: